Danitrio Takumi in nashiji-nuri from Fook Hing and Dani International.
Starting Bid: $199.00
My first handmade Japanese pen was a Danitrio in ebonite. I will always feel a sentimental attachment to my Danis, and that makes this pen donation even more wonderful. Thank you, Fook Hing and Dani International.
The Takumi size is large yet comfortable for most hands. The finish is a delicious nashiji-nuri on ebonite. I'll let the write-up speak for itself:
"Nashiji-nuri technique uses fine size gold powders to sprinkle on base already painted with Urushi in black or other colors and burnished. The surface is covered with clear Urushi and it is burnished until the coating just thick enough to keep the powders underneath and shiny. The technique is said to be reminiscent of the skin of an asian pear, and thus the name, pear ground or nashi-ji.
Danitrio Takumi NA5-RD Red fountain pen is hand-finished by Maki-e artist Mr. Tatsuya Todou using flattened gold powders called Hirame (which is larger then Nashiji powders). The Hirame gold powders are sprinkled on the pen surface as Nashiji does, the coatings are then burnished until the Hirame shows up from the beneath. Hirame looks shinier than Nashiji and since the powders are larger than Nashiji, the effect will be more visible.
Using a convenient cartridge-converter filling system, the Takumi is a more than full-sized pen--with a closed length of 5 13/16â€ and a barrel diameter of 5/8â€.
Nib - Danitrio #6 18k nib, Soft Fine, Soft Medium or Soft Stub."
The pen will ship from Singapore. I will add secret goodies!
A quick search will give you an idea of the retail price of this pen. As always, I am starting with a low amount to encourage bids. So please bid generously.Â The entire amount of the winning bid will go to the Philippine Red Cross for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan. I will shoulder shipping and handling costs, and Paypal fees as well. As the auctions close and donations are sent, I will post a screengrab of the PayPal receipt as a public record.
(Please note: I am not a professional seller, this is the first time I am using this Wordpress auction plugin, I've tested it and so far it works. But if you have any concerns at all, email me stat: leighpod at good ol' gmail.)
This auction is now closed.
- cc*03*cp bid $903.00 on November 21, 2013 9:44 am [auto]
- An*08*im bid $898.00 on November 21, 2013 9:44 am
- cc*03*cp bid $893.00 on November 20, 2013 10:26 pm
- An*08*im bid $805.00 on November 20, 2013 9:09 pm
- CC*03*CP bid $705.00 on November 20, 2013 7:33 pm [auto]
- An*08*im bid $700.00 on November 20, 2013 7:33 pm
- CC*03*CP bid $656.00 on November 19, 2013 6:37 pm [auto]
- er*05*ck bid $651.00 on November 19, 2013 6:37 pm
- CC*03*CP bid $605.00 on November 18, 2013 10:23 pm
- ha*05*el bid $406.00 on November 18, 2013 8:08 pm [auto]
- er*05*ck bid $401.00 on November 18, 2013 8:08 pm
- ha*05*el bid $304.00 on November 18, 2013 2:55 pm
- Ca*05*oy bid $199.00 on November 18, 2013 1:41 pm
Enter your email below to get notifications of new bids placed on the above item.
Winner will receive PayPal payment link via email.