A very special Filipino edition Frankensnork!
Starting Bid: $49.00
$255.00 Winning: ga*10*wn
Sheaffer made Snorkel pens in the 50s, the same era when lasers, Liquid Paper, and the microchip were invented. Penhero calls it "the most mechanically complex pen ever made."
My friend Tom, who is a Sheaffer person and Super Tinkerer, built me a Frankensnork many years ago to amuse himself. After Frankensnork came Bride of Frankensnork (of course), which is now with Caloy, and today there is a family of Frankensnorks floating around the Philippine fountain pen community.
Frankensnorks, as you might have figured out, are Snorkels built from parts from many other Snorkels. No Snorkel left behind! It takes a lot of creativity and craftsmanship to put these together, not to mention mechanical knowledge (take a bow, Tom). I am very happy that he made one for the auction. If you win this pen, know that you have a very special, one-of-a-kind Snorkel. In particular, this one is a Filipino edition Frankensnork, taking its color cues from the Philippine flag â€“ red, blue, and yellow (gold nib and trim). It has a medium-bold nib (a rare one!), and a silicone sac (so no worries about rubber sacs deteriorating in tropical weather). It also has a rare solid gold Snorkel tube for extra yellow. 🙂
Bid generously. The entire amount of the winning bid will go to the Philippine Red Cross for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan. I will shoulder shipping and handling costs, and Paypal fees as well.
(Please note: I am not a professional seller, this is the first time I am using this Wordpress auction plugin, I've tested it and so far it works. But if you have any concerns at all, email me stat: leighpod at good ol' gmail.)
This auction is now closed.
- ga*10*wn bid $255.00 on November 18, 2013 11:59 am
- Ev*07*ne bid $223.00 on November 17, 2013 10:19 pm
- Sn*13*ie bid $205.00 on November 13, 2013 5:10 pm
- Ke*11*re bid $200.00 on November 13, 2013 5:03 pm [auto]
- Sn*13*ie bid $198.00 on November 13, 2013 5:03 pm
- Ke*11*re bid $193.00 on November 13, 2013 5:01 pm [auto]
- Sn*07*ie bid $188.00 on November 13, 2013 5:01 pm
- Ke*11*re bid $155.00 on November 13, 2013 4:49 pm
- co*08*ll bid $113.88 on November 13, 2013 4:18 pm
- Ro*03*on bid $105.00 on November 13, 2013 4:18 pm [auto]
- co*08*ll bid $100.00 on November 13, 2013 4:18 pm
- Ro*03*on bid $94.00 on November 13, 2013 1:09 pm
- Ch*07*es bid $89.00 on November 13, 2013 1:08 pm [auto]
- Ro*06*ie bid $88.00 on November 13, 2013 1:08 pm
- Ch*07*es bid $70.00 on November 13, 2013 12:53 pm [auto]
- Ri*18*er bid $65.00 on November 13, 2013 12:53 pm
- Ch*07*es bid $49.00 on November 13, 2013 12:08 pm
Enter your email below to get notifications of new bids placed on the above item.
Winner will receive PayPal payment link via email.