Boots Chatsworth with broad flex nib from Cathedral Pens.
Starting Bid: $29.00
$116.11 Winning: Ph*09*se
There's something about vintage English pens that makes me smile. This one has a classic BCHR body with a wicked broad flex nib. Thank you, Ian ofÂ Cathedral Pens, for donating this vintage beauty to Pens for Aid! I'll let his writeup do the heavy lifting:
Boots is the largest pharmacy retail chain in England. They offered a range of fountain pens at one time. Â These pens were manufactured for them by Thomas Delarue (Onoto fame), Burnham and Lang (Curzon, Summit). This model is a Chatsworth manufactured by Delarue and looks to be 30s/40s vintage. Condition is excellent, the pen has great colour and the chasing and imprint are very crisp. The 14ct. warranted nib has some flex and is a broad wet. The pen is a lever filler. Complete with original box and paperwork which are both in excellent condition.
The pen will ship from the UK, and secret goodies will come from Manila!
Please bid generously! I want to encourage you to bid by setting the starting price low. The entire amount of the winning bid will go to the Philippine Red Cross for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan. Â Shipping and handling costs are c/o us, and Paypal fees as well. As the auctions close and donations are sent, I will post a screengrab of the PayPal receipt as a public record.
(Please note: I am not a professional seller, this is the first time I am using this Wordpress auction plugin, I've tested it and so far it works. But if you have any concerns at all, email me stat: leighpod at good ol' gmail.)
This auction is now closed.
- Ph*09*se bid $116.11 on November 23, 2013 11:00 am [auto]
- Al*12*se bid $111.11 on November 23, 2013 11:00 am
- Ph*09*se bid $101.96 on November 23, 2013 10:58 am [auto]
- Al*12*se bid $96.96 on November 23, 2013 10:58 am
- Ph*09*se bid $86.81 on November 23, 2013 10:52 am [increased max bid]
- Ph*09*se bid $86.81 on November 23, 2013 10:50 am [auto]
- Al*12*se bid $81.81 on November 23, 2013 10:50 am
- Ph*09*se bid $76.17 on November 23, 2013 10:48 am [auto]
- Al*12*se bid $71.17 on November 23, 2013 10:48 am
- Ph*09*se bid $65.00 on November 23, 2013 3:14 am
- ja*05*es bid $60.00 on November 21, 2013 7:20 pm
- Ro*03*on bid $55.00 on November 20, 2013 12:38 pm [auto]
- De*07*Im bid $50.00 on November 20, 2013 12:38 pm
- Ro*03*on bid $45.00 on November 20, 2013 12:20 pm
- Ma*13*ts bid $40.00 on November 20, 2013 12:04 pm [auto]
- Ca*05*ol bid $40.00 on November 20, 2013 12:04 pm
- Ma*13*ts bid $29.00 on November 20, 2013 11:47 am
Enter your email below to get notifications of new bids placed on the above item.
Winner will receive PayPal payment link via email.