Visconti Salvador Dali in brown and gold.
Starting Bid: $59.00
Salvador Dali collaborated with Walt Disney in the 1940s on an animated feature which was eventually resurrected as a short film called Destino. I mention this because I feel Dali would have liked collaborating with other creative forces. Maybe a fountain pen of his design would only write if you stood on your head, or it wouldn't write at all, but sing the syllables aloud with every gesture.
Visconti is an Italian pen maker famous for its Wall Street model, among others. This Visconti Salvador Dali in brown has been donated by Fook Hing to Pens for Aid.
"Visconti has meticulously recreated the "Dance of Time I" (c) melting watch in lacquered silver micro-fusion on the Visconti iconic bridge clip. Dali's time is perpetual, it moves forward in a dance without ever stopping either for man or for history, indeed not even for the cosmos. The signature of the artist is delicately engraved on the pen's ring, "Dali style". The pen itself utilizes Visconti's 18 -faceted design, the many edges enhancing the vivid colors of the pen"s resin. The fountain pen fills by cartridge or the included converter and is enhanced with a steel nib available in M, F and B widths."
For this auction, the winning bidder will have a choice of F or M. The pen will ship from Singapore. I will send a few surreal goodies from Manila.
Please bid generously! The entire amount of the winning bid will go to the Philippine Red Cross for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan. I will shoulder shipping and handling costs, and Paypal fees as well. As the auctions close and donations are sent, I will post a screengrab of the PayPal receipt as a public record.
(Please note: I am not a professional seller, this is the first time I am using this Wordpress auction plugin, I've tested it and so far it works. But if you have any concerns at all, email me stat: leighpod at good ol' gmail.)
This auction is now closed.
- Ni*13*ld bid $256.09 on November 20, 2013 1:05 am [auto]
- Do*11*in bid $251.09 on November 20, 2013 1:05 am
- Ni*13*ld bid $130.00 on November 19, 2013 8:15 pm [increased max bid]
- Ni*13*ld bid $130.00 on November 19, 2013 8:10 pm
- Ge*13*ms bid $105.00 on November 19, 2013 3:02 pm
- Ta*03*as bid $100.00 on November 19, 2013 11:53 am [auto]
- sf*06*nk bid $100.00 on November 19, 2013 11:53 am
- Ta*03*as bid $80.00 on November 19, 2013 11:47 am [auto]
- ch*12*ke bid $75.00 on November 19, 2013 11:47 am
- Ta*03*as bid $70.00 on November 18, 2013 10:58 pm [auto]
- Fl*07*an bid $65.00 on November 18, 2013 10:58 pm
- Ta*03*as bid $59.00 on November 18, 2013 7:04 pm
Enter your email below to get notifications of new bids placed on the above item.
Winner will receive PayPal payment link via email.